2010年2月5日金曜日

My Other Car's A Toyota

toyota

This is the cartoon made by Peter Brookes from The Times online.
I think You know that Toyota is recalling 4.45 million cars due to
an acceleraor pedal problem.
This cartoon is a kind of joke on this issue.

The following is the explanation about this cartoon.

The person in the coffin who is a Toyota owner died in
an accident because of the faulty accelerator pedal.
The humour comes from the fact that people
who own cheap car sometimes put stickers like
'My other car's a Prsche'
in their rear window as a joke.

First time I saw this cartoon, I felt it was interesting.
However, now I cannot laugh much this cartoon because
I worry about how big impact this problem give Japanese
economy. We are still in the deppression and
mood is not good.
I hope that Toyota will cope with this problem quickly and
accurately.


I join in the blog ranking. There are many diaries uploaded.
Some of them are really hlepful to learn English.
English Diaries in Blog Mura is good place to search nice articles.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿